Shop Smart and Save Money On Christmas and Holidays
Christmas may be five months away, but you can start your Christmas shopping now and save money on gifts and decorating items. Make your list, then follow these three tips to save on Christmas in July.
Summer Clearance Sales
While most people don’t think “Winter Holidays and Christmas” when they see summer clearance sales, smart shoppers do. These sales are very useful if you have a winter vacation planned or someone on your gift list does, and you will find many other gifts during summer clearance sales. Here’s a list of gift ideas that you’ll find sold at a deep discount in July and August:
- Swim suits and beach towels
- Short sleeved shirts and shorts
- Sandals, water shoes, flip flops
- Light jackets
- Party supplies: be on the lookout for green, red and gold plates and other items
- Party lights: white, red and other colored patio lights can be used at Christmas
- Leather goods (see FranklinPlanner Online Warehouse Sale for some great deals)
- Gardening tools
- Grills and related supplies
- Camping gear
- Sunscreen and other skin care items
- Inline skates, scooters and related sporting goods
- Home decor (zulily.com sales are great for finding these gifts)
Back to School Sales
Back to School sales start early with WalMart, Target and other retailers having back to school displays ready by mid to late July. While you probably don’t have pencils, rulers and spiral bound notebooks on your gift list, back to school sales are the perfect time to buy gifts like art supplies, clothes, shoes, computers and other electronics and more. Amazon.com’s Back to School event even has deals on fashionable watches and a wide selection of musical instruments.
Whether you want to give beauty supplies as a gift or you need to find deals on makeup that will compliment your holiday look, keep an eye out for sales on these items now and use them later.
e.l.f Cosmetics has a great selection of shimmery and sparkly makeup, like $1 eye shadows, glitter glosses and nail polish starting at $1 and sparkly blushes and highlighters. Great ideas for money-saving gifts from e.l.f. Cosmetics are their highly rated brushes and makeup kits.
See my e.l.f Cosmetics review and NYX Cosmetics review for top picks on cheap yet high quality makeup. Both of these online stores have frequent sales and free shipping deals in the summer and all year round