This is another quick and easy Crock-Pot recipe, as far as I’m concerned, that’s the best way to cook! This is adapted from a friend’s recipe, I made a few changes, but Amy’s basic idea is still there. Put this on in the morning, it will be ready by dinner!
Serve with a salad and a few toppings for a hearty meal.
Amy’s Crock-Pot Potato Soup
Depending on personal tastes, other garnishes that are terrific include: bacon bits, chopped scallions, coarse black pepper, chopped pimentos or finely diced ham.
Makes 9 cups of soup.
- 1 pkg frozen shredded hash browns (1 lb 14oz is size used)
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 pkg southern peppered cream gravy dry mix
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- shredded cheddar (or your favorite) cheese
- Combine chicken broth, dry gravy mix, diced onions and potatoes in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 7* hours. Stir occasionally to break up potatoes and onions that might stay in clump from their frozen state.
- Approximately 15 minutes before serving add 1 cup milk and stir well.
- After putting in bowls, sprinkle cheese on top and do a swirling motion to blend into the soups.