I’m not a potato salad fan, unless I make it. Then I love it. It’s not that I think I’m a good
cook, I just love simple salad that tastes fresh, that doesn’t taste like it’s been in the deli case for a few days. Don’t worry about exact measurements, if you like more creamy salad, add more mayonnaise, like it with more or less eggs, adjust.
Prep Time: 20 minutes 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours 45 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2.5 lbs potatoes (any kind will work)
- 5 - 6 eggs
- 3 stalks celery - chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Wash and lightly scrub potatoes to remove any surface dirt.
- Cover potatoes with water and cook until almost fork tender. At this point I add the raw eggs, then bring the potatoes and eggs back to a boil. let simmer for about five minutes, cover pot, turn off heat. Leave potatoes and eggs in pot for another 30-45 minutes.
- Remove and drain water.
- Potatoes are easily peeled, skins will slid off easily with a minimum of effort.
- Shell eggs.
- Cut up potatoes and eggs into slices - I use an egg slicer for both!
- Mix together mayonnaise, ranch dressing, celery, and seasonings.
- Combine dressing and potato mixture, mix well and chill.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.