A little bit of a twist for pot roast, make it with hearty egg noodles instead of potatoes! The whole family loves this and there is nothing better than delicious smell that fills the house all day as it simmers away. As with most slow cooker recipes, try to add your own touch. Perhaps add a little red wine in the last thirty minutes of cooking or add different veggies to the mix, it’s all good.
Whenever I make this dish, I make enough for two families and share it with daughter’s family who lives nearby. It’s just as easy to make for two families as it is for one. And I become a hero for supplying the working mom with a hot meal for her family!
Crock-Pot Pot Roast with Noodles
Put this together in the morning and when you get home after a hard day's work you will be greeted by delicious smells wafting through the house. Add a green salad or a fruit salad for a complete meal fit for company.
- 3 - 5 lb chuck roast (also can use rump, arm or any inexpensive beef)
- 2 - 3 TB cooking oil
- 1 package fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 package frozen peas
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix
- 1 lb pkg frozen egg noodles -- frozen works best!
- I like to cut the roast into smaller pieces to make it cook more evenly, but if you want to make a nice presentation at the dinner table, leave it whole.
- Add oil to slow cooker and turn to low.
- Dredge meat in flour, put in slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and onion soup mix.
- About *two hours before serving time, add carrots.
- About one hour before serving, remove meat add frozen noodles, peas and brown gravy mix. Mix together to make noodles are covered in broth and return meat to cooker on top of frozen noodles.