These Easter cereal bars are based off of the original Kellogg’s Rice Krispies recipe but with a few changes. The result is a slightly less sticky bar in wonderful Easter colors. A great quick snack to make for classroom parties and other Easter get togethers!
Easter Cereal Bars Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Margarine
- 5 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6.5 Cups Fruity Cereal (Fruit Pebbles or Fruity Dyno-Bites)
- In a large saucepan (at least 12 cup/4Quart), melt the margarine over medium-low heat. Stir using a non-stick utensil such as a silicone spatula. Once margarine is melted add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted (no lumps).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal. It will take some work to get all the cereal coated well.
- Once the cereal and marshmallows are well blended, turn onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Dampen your hands with a little water and pack the mixture into shape. This is not absolutely necessary but results in tighter bars than just smoothing the mixture with the spatula.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. This is easiest with a rotary pizza cutter.