Pot roast is a favorite crock-pot meal for our family but we don’t like the tomato overload so many recipes call for creating. This easy beef pot roast recipe keeps the flavor of the beef intact and the vegetables are not mushy.
This is a great dish for pot luck meals or to feed a family without spending all day in the kitchen. This pot roast crock-pot recipe is also a good way to make use of the cheaper cuts of beef often sold as roasts.
Easy Pot Roast Crock-Pot Recipe
- 1.5 Lbs Beef (Mock Tender is perfect for this recipe but chuck, sirloin, and other cuts work as well)
- 1 12oz Package of Frozen Vegetable Mix (carrots, peas, green beans)
- 6 Red Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt to Taste
- Cut roast into 2" pieces.
- Wash potatoes and cut into quarters (leave skin on).
- Place roast and potatoes into crock-pot.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce and enough water to almost cover the beef.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours.
- Add the frozen vegetables on top of the potatoes and beef.
- Cook one more hour on high.