Gluten free and fast is all the rage now so I thought I’d pull out this old recipe that my mother has made for years. Like most good Southern recipes it was given to my mother at an unexpected time. During a hospital stay the lady in the shared room with my mother gave the recipe to her saying her daughter had won a blue ribbon with it at the fair. It fast became a favorite cookie in our house and I’m sure it will be in yours as well. So without further ado, I pass along to you the 3 ingredient and gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours 7 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 10-12 24
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Place cookie sheets in freezer before beginning to mix dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix egg and peanut butter, then add sugar and combine well.
- Remove cookie sheets from freezer and line with parchment paper.
- Use water to keep your hands wet so dough will not stick. Make small dough balls and place on parchment paper.
- Use back of wet spoon to flatten out cookies a bit. These cookies don't fall while cooking so flatten them to the thickness you want.
- Use wet fork to make crosshatch pattern on top of cookies.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes. They are done when they begin to darken just a bit.
Note that these are very soft cookies, give them time to cool before trying to pick them up. Also, the reason for putting the cookie sheets in the freezer for a few minutes is to help prevent the bottom of the cookies from burning before the rest of the cookies are done.
My Kitchen Picks