What’s red and white and blue all over? This dessert! It comes together in a snap and can be made in a sorbet glass or a clear plastic disposable “glass.” It’s such a fun dessert to put together because the variations are limitless.
When you’re feeling patriotic, strawberries or raspberries and blueberries or blackberries can’t miss. For St. Patty’s Day, go with kiwi and oranges. You get the idea. Another variable is the cookie you use between the layers. As long as it’s thin, you’re good to go. Have fun!
Easy Fruit, Cookies and Cream Parfait
- Salem Baking Co. Meyer Lemon Cookies or vanilla wafers or another thin cookie of choice
- Sliced fresh fruit (sweetened with sugar or granulated stevia like Truvia, if desired)
- Fresh berries (sweetened, if desired)
- Heavy whipping cream, sweetened and whipped
- Place 1 cookie in the bottom of a container of choice. Add a layer of sliced fruit. Top with a large dollop of sweetened whipped cream, spreading to the edges.
- Place another cookie on top of the cream and a layer of berries or other fruit of choice. Garnish with a generous dollop of sweetened cream and optional crushed cookie crumbs, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.