Best made the night before and left to meld together in the refrigerator, this wonderful cold pasta salad is refreshing on a hot day and full of flavor. Perfect for take a dish meals, this easy pasta salad can stand alone as a main dish or be served as a side.
Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 Packages (12 oz ea) Wacky Mac Veggie Spiral Shapes Pasta
- 1 Package (19 oz) Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper, Diced (I use a mix of red, yellow, and green)
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Chopped
- 1 Medium Banana Pepper, Diced
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (your choice of blend)
- 16oz Bottle of Zesty Italian Light Salad Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Slice Italian sausage into bite size bits and cook. Drain and set aside.
- In a very large bowl, mix the pasta, meat, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, banana pepper, and cheese.
- Once mixed, add the salad dressing and mix again.
- Refrigerate overnight.
I always make this in large batches because it is cheap per serving and lasts several days in the refrigerator. Plus it is perfect for when you have lots of people to feed like the holidays or a football party. I hope you enjoy this Italian pasta salad recipe as much as my family has over the years.
My Kitchen Picks