Tomato vegetable soup is a favorite in the South, on cold winter days and in the heat of summer. Usually served with grilled cheese or crackers, this easy tomato vegetable soup recipe is sure to please.
"Better than Campbells" Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 6oz Can Tomato Paste
- 2 14.5oz Cans of Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins preferred)
- 1 29oz Can Veg-All Homestyle Large Cut Vegetables (celery, potato, carrot, onion)
- 1 12oz Bag of Frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- In a large stock pot, combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt and chicken broth.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium-low and add the large cut vegetables (drained) and the frozen vegetables.
- If soup appears too thick, add 1 cup water.
- Cover pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, for vegetables to heat through and flavors to blend.
To make a vegetarian version of this dish, try Annie’s brand Organic and Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and vegetable stock instead of the Lea and Perrins and chicken stock.